Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Self Reliance Tip #3 What Can you Can?

I feel a song coming on......"On top of spaghetti..."


What is spaghetti without meatballs? It is like bologna without bread...or toast without butter. It just isn't right! My family loves spaghetti. We eat it about once every two weeks and is a big menu item in our storage. So I was thinking the other day, "Can you bottle meatballs?"


I did a search on google and found this recipe. I tried it. We love it.
http://preparingforemergencies.blogspot.com/2010/02/canning-meatballs.html

One question I've had is, " How will the consistency be?" I thought they might be a little rubbery. I also didn't know if they would handle the heat/ pressure. Would the crackers hold up?


They did fine. They stayed together. They do fall apart a little faster in your mouth than unpressurized.


Until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment