Thursday, June 16, 2011

Self Reliance Tip # 14- Clothing Storage


I hope you are still pluggin' away and keepin' cool!!!

This week's tip will be short, sweet and to the point...kind of like a star shaped sucker!!! Wowee!!

Clothing storage: What to do?

If you're like my awesome mother-in-law, you've kept clothes from when your kids were growing up. They have this huge basement that would make a hermit drool. Not everyone has a basement. Where do you put it?


Do you really need it? How important is clothing storage? SUPER IMPORTANT!! There were a few days this winter when the heater just wasn't keeping up. Water pipes were bustin' a gut like a cruel joke and it was just darn cold! Where do you go when your heater isn't working or keeping up? ... clothing!!!


What I've done is very simple. I have taken the clothes I've saved from all of my kids and saved five pairs of outfits and put them in totes (Amanda L. is the tote queen!! She has TONS of ideas on totes!). I took the rest to the thrift store, because I don't have a basement...yet.


Here are a few winter clothing ideas...
http://www.preparedness1.com/winter-clothes.html

And another thing...


My Auntie Connie lost many things in a fire that consumed many homes in her area. She was heart broken. There was a church meeting held to encourage those who had lost so much. She came to realize that most of it was just STUFF. My grandfather's military uniform, and other heirlooms etc were part of the rubble.


However, what are your plans if you need to evacuate quickly for your family pictures, geneology and other things that are more than just STUFF.


If it can be scanned, do it. If you happen to loose the original, that's ok. At least you have a copy. It is all about planning ahead......

No comments:

Post a Comment