Sunday, September 30, 2012

Self Reliance Tip #69 - Organize Yourselves - Aug 28

In my efforts to prepare for the baby that will be coming to our house soon, I've been trying to follow the commandment found in Doctrine and Covenants 88:119 that says:

"Organize yourselves, prepare every needful thing and establish a house, yea even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of order a house of God."

So, I'm going to start at the beginning... "Organize yourselves..."

I have killed two birds with one stone in a few rooms in our home (not literally kill birds...there are some squirrels on my list, but not birds). 

Problem 1: We had buckets of wheat etc. that have been piling up and we were running short on space (especially in the closets). 

Problem 2: My daughter's bed has not had a frame or even a box spring and it was a pain for her to make her bed. 

The Stone: Place the bed on top of the buckets (obviously not stacked) - shazAAm! It works like a charm. You can hardly tell with the cute bed skirt Sister Debbie gave us. 

We have now done this with other beds and it is emptying closet space like crazy. 
_____________________

I have also found some good ideas on Pinterest. 

To a small degree, I've started with some see through drawers, kind of like what can be found here:

Do you have a stuffed animal clutter problem? I did. I love this idea and it has helped a TON! I  bought a beanbag at Walmart and took out the styrofoam stuffing (which will be used for a Wonder Oven later :) ) - and put my kids animals in it. Like this:


This one is still in the idea phase, but I want to use this idea to help me get better organized at cleaning - I will need to customize it to my house, but it is a start:


I hope this gives you some ideas to look at in organizing your own home.  

... And another thing...

I have always struggled getting my whites "white" again. I have tried bleach a bazillion times for some things. I don't know if our "city" water is part of the problem or if I just don't "get it". But...I discovered something that has helped me reclaim my whites. It works awesome!!!! My husband is so impressed too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment